CONTACT: Sarah Dalton
Office of Advancement
PO Box 1000, Athens, WV 24712
(304) 384-6312, firstname.lastname@example.org
University Point Dedication Held At Concord University
ATHENS, W.Va. - Concord University marked a milestone event on Sunday, May 15, 2011 with the Grand Opening and Dedication Ceremony of University Point. The program began at 3 p.m.
Commanding a prominent location on campus, University Point is anchored by the Wilkes Family Chapel and Wilkes Family Museum, Erickson Alumni Center and John and Lucia Pais Family Fellowship Hall. Donors whose contributions made the facility possible were honored during the ceremony including Betty J. Wilkes, Charles F. Erickson and Laurie Erickson and Lia Pais.
University Point serves Concord’s faculty, staff, students and alumni along with the local community and surrounding region. Weddings and other celebrations take place there in addition to meetings and banquets for civic groups and campus organizations.
The Concord University Office of Advancement is now housed in University Point. Alumni relations, marketing and public relations, development, career services and the Concord University Foundation, Inc. all operate from the facility.
From left, Charles Erickson, Laurie Erickson, Betty Wilkes, Dr. Gregory Aloia
Betty Wilkes and Charles Erickson
Guests gather at the chapel before the ceremony
Dr. Gregory Aloia and Betty Wilkes cut the ribbon for the Wilkes Family Chapel.
Charles Erickson and Laurie Erickson officially open the Erickson Alumni Center